I am taking a few small steps to be healthier in 2013. I am not making any outlandish goals like run a marathon or eat no sugar, but taking little steps that dont take away from the joy of my everyday lifestyle! Here are 5 of the goals I have for living a more health-conscious life in 2013:
1. Drink More Water Yes, I know this is so totally basic. I shouldnt have a problem with this one, right? Youd think so. The problem is, I hate water. I swear I feel like I am drinking dirt when I drink it. But I can make improvements if I choose to add flavor to my water. I can add lemons too. Both will help me drink more
dirt water in 2013.
2. Grow My Own Food I have been living in Colorado for 4 years now, and have had a garden 3 of those years. Each year I learn more and my garden is more fruitful! I love caring for my plants and watching them grow. This year I want to do even more. I want to do more freezing, canning and vacuum sealing too so I waste less of the things I grow!
3. Spend More Time Outdoors As a blogger, I spend a lot of time indoors on my computer. Ive wasted so many beautiful days inside because "I have a blog post to write". Well, I decided I am going to manage my time a little better. And if I have to bring my computer outside with me, even in the shade (computer screens and sun glare dont work very well) then I am going to. I dont want to miss out on the beauty of the outdoors as much as I have since becoming a blogger.
4. Wear Sunscreen Along the same lines, I need to be better at applying sunscreen. Over the last few summers, Ive noticed more and more freckles that havent gone away. I need to be careful to wear sunscreen, everyday, not just the days that I am at the beach.
5. Be Mindful of What I Eat I want to be more aware of food ingredients and the way food is processed yet not sacrifice taste! For one, I love Quaker Popped (formally Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks) for these reasons. The 14 different flavors are a healthy snacking solution made with the delicious goodness of whole grain brown rice and corn. Plus, the bite-sized snacks are popped, not fried!
Do you have any small steps you are taking for a healthier 2013?
Reply below for your chance to win a sample of all 14 flavors of Quaker Popped Rice Snacks and $1,000 gift card to help you achieve your New Years resolutions.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker. I received product in conjunction with this post. The opinions and text are all mine. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. See Official Sweepstakes Rules
This Full House Reviews Facebook What Small Steps Are You Taking to a Healthier Lifestyle? QuakerPopped ... for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card to help achieve your ... 2013 English (US) ... This Full House: Gone Shopping: This Full House Giveaways Enter to win $1000 toward your dream kitchen ... to enter for an awesome SpaFinder Gift Card Giveaway ... Taking to a Healthier Lifestyle? QuakerPopped ... Newly Crunchy Mama Of 3 - Home ... ($6 a bag) $48 $50 Amazon.com Gift Code For ... More info on the $12 Business Opportunity Enter to win by filling out ... $1,000 Cash paypal or ... This Full House: Gone Shopping Be sure to leave your comment for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card to ... steps are you taking toward a healthier ... a Healthier Lifestyle? QuakerPopped ...