Monkey Bread is a fun sweet treat tradition. There are many ways to make it with lots of variations. Some people like the glaze to be non-existent, while others like caramel, cinnamon-roll powered sugar cream, or even chocolate sauce! Monkey Bread has traditionally been made in a Bundt pan, but Ive seen it in jars, crock pots and just a standard cake pan. There is no wrong way to make Monkey BreadBUT out of all the tasty options this recipe is by far my favorite! Enjoy!
Caramel Pecan Pull-Apart Monkey Bread Recipe
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant active dry yeast
- 1 cups warm milk (110F to 115F)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4-5 cups all-purpose flour
Ingredients caramel coating:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, cubed
- cup heavy whipping cream
Ingredients in addition:
- cup chopped Diamond pecans (or walnuts!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- cup butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 3 cups flour and salt. Add the butter, sugar, eggs and mix. In a separate bowl dissolve yeast in warmed milk. Combine all into the larger bowl. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Slowly stir in remaining flour to form a firm dough. (Might not use it all).
- Place dough on floured surface and turn it in the flour. Knead until smooth and round ball is slightly tough, about 5-7 minutes. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl (cooking spray works). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap until dough has doubled (about 1-2 hours).
- While the dough is rising, make the caramel sauce! In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and cream to a boil. Cook and stir until blended and melted. Pour 1/3 into a greased Bundt pan; sprinkle with half of the pecans. Set the rest aside.
- When dough has risen, punch dough down and shape into approx. 40-50 balls. In a shallow bowl or pie pan, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Have the melted butter in another bowl close by. Dip balls into melted butter, and then roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. If you run out of mixture, just make a little more and continue to roll.
- Place half the balls (20-25) in Bundt pan; staggering the seams where the dough balls meet as you layer up. Then top with 1/3 caramel and pecans. Top with remaining balls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and caramel begins to bubble. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool for 5 minutes before flipping over onto a serving plate. Cool for another 5-10 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining caramel sauce and pecans. Serve warm.
Disclosure: I was compensated a bag of Diamond Walnuts to produce this recipe.
Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Yummly Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread recipe Breads with sauce, chopped pecans, sugar, ground nutmeg, unsalted butter, biscuit dough Recipe Snobs: Pumpkin Spice Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread Kind of late post today, but it's been hectic. If you've been following my blog, you know by now that I dabble a little bit in making my own recipes, but mostly try ... Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe - Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople Beautiful honey-brown coffeecake made up of pull-apart yeast rolls coated in caramel and pecans. Carmel pecan monkey bread - CookEatShare - Easy Recipes and ... Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe Taste of Home Recipes. Find recipes for Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread and other Course recipes. Get all the best recipes at Taste of Home. Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe Key Ingredient You can either cut this bread into generous slices, or let everyone pick off the gooey pieces themselves, just like monkeys! No one can resist this tender, caramel ... Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe MyRecipes.com MyRecipes recommends that you make this Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread recipe from All You Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe Taste of Home Recipes Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Read reviews (40) Rate recipe. You can either cut this bread into generous ... Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe The Daily Meal Monkey bread is a gooey, sticky treat that pulls apart easily, which is definitely part of the fun! Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe - SheKnows Recipes Kid friendly Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread recipe. ... Ingredients. 1, 12 ounce bottle caramel sundae sauce; 1 cup pecans, chopped Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread Fake Ginger I told you guys that I would be making monkey bread and make monkey bread I did! Ive had this recipe stored away for what seems like years but never got around to ...